This is a recipe that I made up years ago. I keep the ingredients on hand at all times for a dinner in and I love how easy it is to prepare and it is great for a make and take to a friend in need. I’ve also served this for fundraising events.
- Olive Oil
- Medium Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- Garlic Powder
- 15 ounce Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Jar of Prego Roasted Garlic & Parmesan
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Pound Hamburger
- 1 Bag of Frozen Five Cheese Ravioli
Prep & Assembly Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Prepare a good size sauce pan with water and sea salt. Place over medium heat.
- Dice onion
- Mince Garlic
- In a large deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion. Sauté onion until soft and translucent. Add minced garlic. Stir within the onion not allowing the garlic to darken or burn. You do not want bitter garlic – yuck.
- Add hamburger to the onion and garlic. Season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook and brown. Drain excess grease by placing meat in a colander.
- Return hamburger to the skillet. Season with oregano.
- Add tomato sauce and Prego sauce. I swirl the can and the jar with a little bit of water to get all of the goodness out of both and add to the pan. Be careful to not add too much water.
- Empty the frozen five cheese ravioli into the pan of salted water. Ravioli is ready when it floats to the top of the water. Follow package instructions.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish by lightly spraying cooking spray. If you are taking to an event or to a friend, I use a throw away tin pan. No burden for them to return a dish.
- Spoon pasta and sauce in the prepared pan. I make sure the ravioli is covered in sauce before topping with mozzarella.
- Cover with mozzarella. I you want more than 2 cups, use more.
- Add parmesan over mozzarella. The parmesan adds a nice touch of color and crunch.
- Bake until golden brown or a little darker approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
XOXO ~ PGWW